5th Annual Skitoberfest
October 4-5, 2013
Celebration and giving, festival style...
Friday, October 4
- 4-8pm: FREE scenic chairlift rides
6-9pm: FREE hay rides, face painting, bonfire, s'mores, and Buskermania! "Live Street Theatre," Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa courtyard
7-9pm: Bell's Love & Hoppiness Party in the Trophy Room Pub & Pizzeria, featuring your favorite Bell's beers, as well as samples of Wheat Love, a wheat wine
9pm-1:30am: Bell's Love & Hoppiness Party moves upstairs to the Snowflake Lounge with DJ Bill da Cat spinning the latest dance hits. No cover. 21 and older; photo ID required at the door.
Saturday, October 5
THE Snowsports Summit, 10am - 5pm
The BOYNE Snowsports Summit is the best place for information about the coming winter season. This year's guest speaker will be Sarah Schleper, former U.S. Ski Team member, four- time Olympian and mother! Ski and snowboard reps will be on-hand to answer your questions and showcase the latest equipment, plus seminars and workshops will be offered by industry professionals. Boyne City High School will once again host their annual Ski Swap and best of all, admission is FREE!
THE Party, 2pm - 12:30am
Join us to kick off the coming snowsports season and celebrate the best of fall in an Oktoberfest style setting! Staged in the Village at Boyne Mountain, the entire village comes alive with great food, Michigan beer, wine and spirits, live music and performances of all sorts, plus fun for all ages.
Admission is FREE; tickets are sold for food, brews and most activities. Everyone is invited to experience this event, and a special invitation goes out to our family of loyal BOYNE homeowners and passholders.
THE Activities, 2-6pm
- Michigan Beer, Wine & Spirits Tasting - Tickets required, no entry fee to taste. Click here to see participating breweries, wineries and distilleries. 21 and older; photo ID required.
- NEW: Free signature tasting mug with the purchase of your first 20 tickets. 21 and older; while supplies last.
- NEW: Get your Skitoberfest Ski Pass stamped by eight participating food, beer, wine, spirits or activity vendors to enter in a prize drawing
- Food + Sweet Treats from Area Restaurants, click here to see participating restaurants
- Live Entertainment by eXperience DJ
- Music, Dance and Theater Performances
- Chalk Art on Village Lane
- Wine Tasting at Made in Michigan, 21 and older
- 25 ft. Five-Climber Rock Wall
- Dual Extreme Air Jumpers
- Paint Your Mark on the Graffiti Wall
- Groomer Rides
- Photo Booth
- Buskermania! Live Street Theatre
- Casting Lessons with Boyne Outfitters
- Segway PT Experience (visit the Adventure Center)
- Village Sidewalk Sales (12-8pm)
- FREE Scenic Chairlift Rides (12-8pm)
- Twin Zip Rides (visit the Adventure Center, 2-9pm)
- Hay Rides (2-9pm)
- S'mores Around the Bonfire (6-9pm)
- Outdoor Family Movie (8pm)
THE Biergarten, 2pm - 12:30am
Celebrate in an elaborately decorated Biergarten (beer garden) featuring extravagant hors d'oeuvres, delectable desserts, acrobat and fire breathing performances, and eXperience DJ spinning the latest dance hits and classic party tracks.
The afterparty kicks off at 8:30pm, with the appropriately named band, After Party, from Chicago.
- 2-5pm: Gourmet hors d'oeuvres and delectable desserts; $50 entry. Complimentary admission for BOYNE homeowners and 2013/14 season passholders.
- 2-8pm: Live entertainment by eXperience DJ
- 5pm - 12:30am: No entry fee
- 7pm: Prize drawing for all ages; must be present to win
- 8pm: Tent becomes 21 and older; photo ID required at the door
- 8:30pm - 12:30am: Dancing to the After Party Band
- Child care is available between the hours of 6pm and 12am with advance reservation. For child care pricing and to make a reservation, call 231.549.7274.
THE Kids' Zone, 2-6pm
- NEW: Kids' Root Beer & Soda Garden featurng Northwoods Soda
- Tasty Snacks + Sweet Treats
- Burton Riglet Park
- Moon Bounce House
- Inflatable Obstacle Course
- Balloon Hats and Animals
- Face Painting
- Horse and Pony Rides
- Petting Zoo
- Art Projects + Sand Art
- Visits from Fritz, the Resort Mascot
THE Skitoberfest Rail Jam, 3:30-5:30pm
It's what you've been waiting for all summer...time to get your park fix until winter truly arrives. We'll supply the "snow" and features, you bring your gear and attitude! Registration is Saturday from 10am to 3pm at the BOYNE booth at the Snowsports Summit.
NEW this season, the Boyne Mountain Pre-Season Progression Camp is a program designed to help young freeski and snowboard enthusiasts jump start their season through safety techniques, new discipline knowledge, progressive activities, and personal on-hill instruction. Camp registration includes two days of coaching, on-hill instruction, Skitoberfest Rail Jam entry fee, and an indoor training session at Boyne Area Gymnastics. Click here for complete camp details!
THE Skitoberfest Parade, 6-7pm
5th Annual Skitoberfest Parade and Street Dance, Village Lane
NEW: THE Pray for Snow Bonfire, 7:30-8:30pm
Join us at the GIANT bonfire, as we pray to Ullr, the Viking God of Snow, for a snow-filled winter season!
Fire breathing performances
THE Afterparty, 8pm - 12:30am
- Dance to the amazing band After Party hailing from Chicago in the Biergarten tent
- Cash bar and food concessions
- Must be 21 or older after 8pm; photo ID required at the door.