4th Annual Skitoberfest
October 5, 2013
Thanks for another great event! The following are details from the 2012 event.
Celebration and giving, festival style...
Join us to kick off the coming snowsports season and celebrate the best of fall in an Oktoberfest style setting! Everyone is invited and highlights include great food, Michigan beer, wine and spirits plus live music and performances of all sorts and fun for all ages. Admission is FREE; tickets sold for food, brews and some activities. On-snow rail jam, NEW Burton Riglet Park for kids, ski swap, free rides on six-place chairlift, parade, dancing in the streets, art, drama, spectacle and surprises in a party atmosphere make this day festive for the whole family! Everyone is invited to experience this event and a special invitation goes to our family of loyal BOYNE homeowners and passholders.
Nightly hotel lodging starts at $110 per night; condo lodging starts at $145. For reservations, please call 800.GO.BOYNE (462-6963) or click here for more information.
Staged in the Village and nearby open lawn, the entire area comes alive with food and entertainment!
Saturday, October 6, 2pm - 12am
VIP Lounge: 2-7pm, exclusively for BOYNE homeowners, BOYNE 2012/13 season passholders and their ticketed guests (VIP Lounge open to ages 21 and up)
Entertainment in the Beer Tent: 7pm-12am
THE Activities: 2-7pm
- Beer Tasting (pint glass + 12 tickets + wristband, $30) - More than 50 beers available for sampling from Michigan's top breweries including Arbor Brewing, Arcadia Ales, Beards Brewery, Bell's Brewery, Cheboygan Brewing, Dark Horse Brewing, Founders Brewing Co., Jolly Pumpkin, Keweenaw Brewing Co., Mount Pleasant Brewing, New Holland Brewing, Right Brain Brewery, Saugatuck Brewing Co. and Short's Brewing
- Wine Tasting (3 tickets/taste) - Wineries include Black Star Farms, Chateau Fontaine, Chateau Grand Traverse, Good Harbor and Mackinaw Trail
- Sample spirits from Michigan distilleries including Grand Traverse, New Holland Artisan Spirits and Valentine Distilling Co.
- Antique Cider Press Demonstration (1 ticket for cider) + handmade donuts
- Chair Massage from Solace Spa
- Chalk Art on Village Lane
- Horse-Drawn Hayrides
- Laser Tag (3 tickets)
- Paint Your Mark on the Graffiti Wall
- Scenic Chairlift Rides (2-8pm)
- Zipline – Twin Zip Rides (visit Adventure Center, 2-8pm)
- Casting Lessons with Boyne Outfitters (12-6pm) and Demo Day (10am-6pm)
KIDS' ZONE, 2-7pm
- Balloon Hats & Animals
- Bouncy House
- Caterpillar Crawl
- Face painting (3-6 tickets)
- FREE Art Projects
- Food & Sweet Treats (1-5 tickets)
- Horse and Pony Rides (2-4pm, 2 tickets)
- Petting Zoo
- Sand Art (1-3 tickets)
- 4th Annual Skitoberfest Parade - Decorate a Cart!
- Boyne Area Gymnastics Tumbling and Ribbon Routine
Boyne Area Gymnastics Aerial Silk Routine
- Boyne City High School Dancers
- Crooked Tree Arts Center Dancers
- Dave Cisco (2-6pm)
- DJ J2xTrubL (2-6pm)
- Live Statues
- On-hill Rail Jam (3:30pm)
- Ron Getz (2-6pm)
- Tommy Tropic’s Juggling, Magic and Stunts
- 42nd & Broadway Deli
- Alpine Chocolat Haus
- Blue Harbor Grille
- Boyne Highlands Resort
- Lake Street Market
- Morel’s Bistro
- Red Mesa Grill
- Shanahan’s Prime
- Skitoberfest Sweets
- Tannery Creek Meat Market
- The Thirsty Goat
Schedule of Events:
10am-6pm - Boyne Outfitters Demo Day
12-6pm - Casting lessons with Boyne Outfitters
2-4pm - Horse and Pony Rides, Kids’ Zone
2-5pm - Wine Tasting at Made In Michigan
2-6pm - Dave Cisco, live music
2-6pm - Ron Getz, live music in Everett’s
2-7pm - Kids’ Zone Open
2-7pm - Beer Tasting & Food Tent Open
2-7pm - VIP Tent Open for BOYNE Homeowners and Season Passholders
2-8pm - Eagle’s Nest Open, located on the mountain’s top
2:30pm - Sing-A-Long Concert with The Music Lady, Kids’ Tent
3pm - Fritz visits the Kids’ Zone
3:30pm - Boyne Area Gymnastics Tumbling and Ribbon Routine
3:30-8:30pm - Tommy Tropic’s Juggling, Magic and Stunts
3:30pm - On-hill Rail Jam
4pm - Fritz visits the Kids’ Zone
4:30pm - Sing-A-Long Concert with The Music Lady, Kids’ Tent
5pm - Fritz visits the Kids’ Zone
5:30pm - Boyne Area Gymnastics Aerial Silk Routine
6pm - 4th Annual Skitoberfest Parade
6pm - Fritz visits the Kids’ Zone
6:45pm - Performance by Crooked Tree Arts Center Dancers
7pm – 12am - Dancing with DJ J2xTrubL in Beer & Food Tent (free admission!)
7:30-9pm - Street Dance
8pm - Bonfire and S’mores
8pm - Outdoor Movie: “The Lorax”
Childcare is available, for reservations and prices, please call 231.549.7274.
THE Snowsports Summit:
Saturday, October 6, 10am - 6pm
Hosted by Olympian and U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame inductee, Cary Adgate. We are excited to announce this year's Snowsports Summit guest speaker is A.J. Kitt! Kitt is a four-time Olympian, two-time U.S. National Downhill Champion and World Cup winner.
THE Ski and Winter Gear Swap:
Saturday, October 6, 10am - 3pm
If you need to clean out the garage or are looking for an inexpensive solution to updating your gear this season, visit the swap area during the Snowsports Summit to benefit the Boyne City Ski Club. Shaped skis only, poles, boots, clothing, helmets and all outdoor related items.
For additional information, contact Bob Simpson at 231.758.7600.
THE Skitoberfest Rail Jam
Saturday, October 6, 3:30pm - base of Boyne Mountain
Registration takes place Saturday from 10am-3pm at the BOYNE Booth inside the Civic Center.
It’s what you’ve been waiting all summer for. . .time to get your park fix until winter truly arrives. We’ll supply the "snow" and features, you bring your gear and attitude!