Boyne Mountain Airport
Located directly on the Boyne Mountain property and just across the street from the Mountain Grand Lodge & Spa, the Boyne Mountain Airport offers pilots and guests something that few resorts can offer - the luxury of a true fly-in, fly-out destination. For those with private planes looking to escape for a ski weekend with the family, or enjoy a golf week with friends, Boyne Mountain Resort is your most convenient choice.
The Boyne Mountain Airport boasts a 5,200-foot paved and lighted runway, with instrument approach landing available. No reservations are needed, no landing fees are required and there is no charge for parking. Tie-down space and fuel (Jet A and 100LL fuel available with advance request) are also available.
Upon landing at the airport, request a shuttle and we'll offer you a complimentary ride anywhere you need to go on property.
- FAA Identifier: KBFA
- Elevation: 719 ft. / 219.2 m (surveyed)
- Variation: 06W (2000)
- Nearby Cities:
- Boyne Falls - less than 1 mile
- Boyne City - 6 miles Northwest
- Petoskey - 17 miles North
- Time Zone: UTC -4 (UTC -5 during Standard Time)
- Airport Use: Open to the public
- Sectional Chart: Lake Huron Sectional
- ARTCC: Minneapolic Center
- FSS: Lansing Flight Service Station
- Attendance: Unattended
- Pattern Altitude: 1719 ft. MSL
- Wind Indicator: Yes
- Segmented Circle: Yes
- Lights: Yes - pilot activated on freq. 122.85 (Medium Intensity, 3 clicks in 5 seconds)
- CTAF/UNICOM: 122.8
- WX ASOS at GLR (13 nm SE): 118.375 (989.372.1571)
- WX AWOS-3 at MGN (20nm N): 119.925 (231.347.5231)
- WX AWOS-3 at ACB (16 nm SW): 119.275 (231.533.8941)
- WX AWOS-3 at CVX (17 nm NW): 120.0 (231.237.9703)
*APPROACH/DEPARTURE SERVICE PROVIDED BY MINNEAPOLIS ARTCC ON FREQS 134.6/354.05 (PELLSTON RCAG).
- Dimensions: 5187 x 60ft / 1581 x 18m - 10' paved shoulder on each side; last 4700' of Runway 35
- Surface: Asphalt, in poor condition - extensive cracking
- Runway Edge Lights: Non-standard
RUNWAY 17 RUNWAY 35 Latitude 45-10.369817N 45-09.531167N Longitude 084-55.559167W 084-55.334500W Elevation 703.0 ft. 719.0 ft. Traffic Pattern Left Left Runway Heading 175 magnetic, 169 true 355 magnetic, 349 true Displaced Threshold 300ft 500ft Markings Nonprecision, in poor condition nonprecision, in poor condition Runway End Identifier Lights Yes Yes Touchdown Point Yes, no lights Yes, no lights