Allow our professional fitness staff to tailor a program to your specific needs. Private, personal fitness, private yoga, and private Pilates apparatus training are available with advance reservations.
Pilates Special: Purchase 4 private sessions and get 2 free!*
Pilates is a form of exercise based on control, balance, and flowing movement, with the aid of concentration, centering, and controlled breathing. Understanding and use of one’s “core muscles” (all of the muscles controlling the movement and stability of the spine) is corner stone to performing these exercises.
Our resident Instructor is Sue Engstrom with 13+ years of experience. Contact Solace Spa to make appointments or meet Sue and see the studio.
*Must be used within a 30 day period. Reservations necessary.
Our daily schedule of group fitness classes are available complimentary for all day spa guests to enjoy, along with our state-of-the-art fitness facilities. An updated schedule of group classes is available below.
Daily Spa Admission includes access to relaxation lounges, locker, robe and sandals, whirlpool, steam room and cedar sauna, spa pool courtyard, state-of-the-art fitness facilities, Pilates Studio and group exercise classes.
|DAY SPA ADMISSION|
|Day Spa Pass||$35|
|Bundle of 10 Day Spa Passes||$195|
|Day Spa Pass with purchase of Salon Services||$15|
|Day Spa Pass with purchase of Spa Services||Complimentary|
|PRIVATE FITNESS TRAINING||Fitness*||Yoga or Pilates*|
|1 Session - Private||$65||$75|
|1 Session - Duet (2 people)||$45||$50|
|3 Session - Private||$60||$70|
|3 Session - Duet (2 people)||$40||$45|
|10 Session - Private||$55||$65|
|10 Session - Duet (2 people)||$35||$40|
*All prices are per person, per session. A 15% spa gratuity and 5% service fee will be added to all fitness training sessions.
|FITNESS SCHEDULE - December 2013|
|*8:30 am||MAD - Dance Fitness- Chris||75 min|
|Traditional Yoga - Suzi||75 min|
|1:00 pm||Hatha Yoga - Miranda||75 min|
|4:30 pm||Strength and Conditioning - Bob||50 min|
|6:00 am||Balance and Core Conditioning- Sue||50 min|
|8:00 am||Aqua Aerobics - Sue||50 min|
|Mat Pilates** - Sue||75 min|
|11:30 am||Traditional Yoga - Miranda||75 min|
|4:00 pm||Hatha Yoga - Elaine (No Calss 12/24)||75 min|
|5:30 pm||Turbo Kick - Sara (No Calss 12/24)||50 min|
|6:30&7:15 pm||Family Night Yoga (Class only on 12/17)||30 min|
|*8:30 am||MAD - Dance Fitness - Chris (No Calss 12/25)||75 min|
|Therapeutic Yoga - Elaine (No Calss 12/25)||75 min|
|12:00 pm||Balance and Core Conditioning - Sue (No Calss 12/25)||50 min|
|1:00 pm||Hatha Yoga - Miranda (No Calss 12/25)||75 min|
|2:30 pm||Meditation Yoga - Miranda (No Calss 12/25)||75 min|
|4:30 pm||Strength and Conditioning - Bob (No Calss 12/25)||50 min|
|*6:00 am||Balance and Core Conditioning - Sue||50 min|
|*8:00 am||Aqua Aerobics - Sue||50 min|
|10:00 am||Mat Pilates** - Sue||75 min|
|11:30 am||Hatha Fusion - Reb (No Calss 12/26)||75 min|
|3:30 pm||Yoga Fusion - Reb (No Calss 12/26)|
|*5:30 pm||Turbo Kick- Sara (No Calss 12/26)||50 min|
MAD - Dance Fitness - Chris
|10:30 am||Traditional Yoga - Suzi||75 min|
|*1:00 pm||Hatha Yoga- Miranda||75 min|
|*8:30 am||Balance and Core Conditioning - Sue||50 min|
|9:30 am||Mat Pilates - Sue||50 min|
|10:30 am||Gentle Yoga - Deb||75 min|
|11:00 am||Restorative & Meditative Yoga - Deb||75 min|
*Please take lobby elevator down to lower level for access to Fitness Studio for morning classes before spa entrance opens.
Please check in directly at the Mountain Grand Lodge pool for Aqua Aerobics. Please check in at Spa Desk for all other fitness classes.
Fitness Classes are located at Solace Spa inside the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa. For more information please call 231.549.7946.
- Classes are complimentary to any spa guest with appointments on the same day.
- Complimentary to any spa guest without appointments who purchases day spa admission.
- Complimentary to Solace Spa members^
- $12 drop-in fee for hotel guests for fitness classes at Solace Spa (does not include use of spa facilities)
Group Class Descriptions:
- Step Aerobics - Maximizes fat and calorie burn.
- Hatha Yoga - Traditional classic yoga focusing on slow meditative postures increasing strength, flexibility and awareness of the breath. All levels are welcome.
- Gentle Yoga - Emphasis on mind & body connection.
- Aqua Aerobics - Increase aerobic fitness levels, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility while enjoying the beautiful outdoors.
- Restorative and Meditative Yoga - Rest and restore the body, mind and sprit with a quiet restorative and meditation practice. Restorative yoga is the yoga of deep, aware relaxation. It is the yoga of "being" rather than the yoga of doing. Using several different specially designed postures in which the body is totally supported, allowing the muscles to relax and melt into place. People who have had injuries, surgery or chronic pain or conditions such as high blood pressure will also find restorative yoga an amazing and healing experience. Meditation is a profound and lovely way to relax and explore the inner workings of out minds, discovering new and unique means to analyze and improve ourselves, and taking what we've learned off the mat and into our daily lives.
- Mat Pilates - Using techniques designed by Joseph Pilates. You'll focus on form, execution, and instilling the breathing techniques used for Pilates exercises. Fit balls, foam rollers, weights, and other tools are sometimes used to assist while performing the exercise.
- **Advance Pilates for the last 25 minutes of this class. Beginners are welcome to join for the first 50 minutes.
- Balance and Core Conditioning - As adults, we settle into physical habits, using muscles that subconsciously we are comfortable engaging. We use joints to support weight instead of moving limbs, and compensate for old injuries by using the non-injured muscles/joints. This class will increase your awareness of muscles you either are not using or using inefficiently, by improving your balance while increasing your confidence in your physical movements. As you become more aware, you will strengthen these muscles and enjoy improved muscle tone and increased cardiovascular capacity.
- Turbokick / TurboBLAST - a high energy, high intensity class that combines kickboxing, martial arts, and dance. Turbokick is the latest craze in the fitness industry where the old style of kickboxing has evolved using trendy music and fun choreography. The workout is energizing yet low-impact and will soon have you addicted!
- Strength and Conditioning - Muscle toning utilizing free weights, medicine and stability balls.
- Mad Dance Fitness - A fusion of body sculpting movements with easy to follow dance steps to the tune of popular music.
- Zumba - Combines high energy and motivating music with unique moves that allow participants to dance away their worries. The routines feature aerobic interval training with a combination of fast slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body. It targets areas such as glutes, legs, arms, abdominal, and most importantly the heart! No dance or exercise experience necessary to enjoy Zumba.
- Zumba Gold - A Zumba class designed for all populations, regardless of your fitness level. The moves will be broken down in a slow manageable style. No dance or exercise experience necessary to enjoy this class.
- Yoga in Nature - Please meet at the Spa Reception Desk 15 min before class time. We'll then travel to a lake or mountain side setting. The class will be canceled if inclement weather.
- Outdoor Cardio Combat - 50 minutes of outdoor fitness designed to burn fat & build muscle. A station based class that alternates progressive cardio & stamina building strength exercises. Class will be canceled if inclement weather.