Know Before You Go
Minimizing Ski & Snowboard Lesson Stress
Planning ahead minimizes your (and your child's) pre-lesson stress levels and ensures that all students gain the maximum benefit of their ski or snowboard lesson. Our SnowSports Academy desk staff strives to determine the best possible lesson for each student and spends time ensuring each student has properly fitted equipment to enhance the entire snowboard and ski lesson experience.
Snowboard & Ski Lesson Arrival Times: When should I (or my child) arrive?
All SnowSports Academy activities begin promptly at their designated times. All students, including those that have pre-registered, must check-in at the SnowSports Academy Desk a minimum of 30 minutes prior your scheduled meeting time. Due to the number of skiers/boarders enrolled in activities, we are not able to accommodate late arrivals nor will refunds be issued for late arrivals.
- Group Ski & Snowboard Lesson meeting times for adults are 9:45am and 2:15pm daily
- Group Ski & Snowboard Lessons for adults begin promptly at 10:00am and 2:30pm daily
- Kids Camp & Teen Experience for both snowboard and ski lessons have meeting times of 9:30am and 2:15pm daily
- Kids Camp & Teen Experience Snowboard and Ski Lessons begin promptly at 9:45am and 2:30pm daily
- Private Lessons: Begin hourly, based on availability*
If you are renting equipment, please allow a minimum of one hour to be fitted for your equipment and to arrive at the meeting place for your lesson. To ensure a safe and enjoyable learning experience, equipment must be sized and adjusted to each skier or snowboarder.
Should I make advanced ski or snowboard lesson reservations?
Advanced reservations are recommended throughout the winter season; especially during weekends, the Christmas holiday period, Martin Luther King weekend and President’s Day week. Phone reservations are available every day from 8:30am to 4:30pm. All products are subject to availability and may sell out at any time.
- Boyne Highlands: 231.526.3056
- Boyne Mountain: 231.549.6056
When should I get my rental equipment?
It is important that you arrive to your lesson with your snowboarding or ski equipment ready to go. This will ensure that the lessons start on time. Allow at least 1 hour to get your rental equipment and boot up before your lesson meeting time.