If you have questions about lodging at the Cottages at Crooked Tree, Lakeside Cottages, or the Inn at Bay Harbor, the odds are good you'll find the answers below. But if you'd like to know more, our Reservations staff is always happy to provide additional information. So peruse the questions and answers below at your convenience, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Are the resorts non-smoking?
- Yes. Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands, Mountain Grand Lodge and Inn at Bay Harbor are non-smoking facilities.
- Can I book a certain location or room at any of the resorts?
- Rooms and condos are not guaranteed to be in a specific building or location as most of our units are individually owned.
- Are Pets allowed?
- Yes, at select locations. Boyne Mountain Resort offers pet friendly rooms at the Boynehof only. Boyne Highlands offers pet friendly rooms at the Bartley House and Main Lodge hotel only. The Inn at Bay Harbor does not offer pet friendly rooms.
- What time is check-in and check-out?
- Boyne Mountain Hotel rooms - check in 5pm, check out 1pm . Mountain Grand Lodge - check in 5pm, check out 11am. Boyne Mountain Condos - check in 5pm, check out 11am. Boyne Highlands Hotel rooms - check in 5pm, check out 1pm . Heather Highlands Inn at Boyne Highlands - check in 6pm, check out 1pm. Condos & Townhomes at Boyne Highlands - check in 6pm, check out 11am. The Inn at Bay Harbor - Check in 4pm, check out 11a.
- How far away are you from...?
- Detroit Area | 264 miles | 4.5 hours drive time
- Grand Rapids | 187 miles | 3 hours drive time
- Lansing | 200 miles | 3 hours drive time
- Chicago | 359 miles | 6.5 hours drive time
- Fort Wayne, IN | 336 miles | 5.5 hours drive time
- South Bend, IN | 300 miles | 5 hours drive time
- Cleveland, OH | 421 miles | 6 hours drive time
- Cincinnati, OH | 480 miles | 7 hours drive time
- Can we cancel our reservation?
- Yes. When you book your reservation, we do require a deposit. If you cancel outside of 7 days, you will get a refund minus a $10 administrative fee. If you cancel within 7 days, the deposit is non refundable but we will hold the deposit for one year and the guest can use it towards another stay.
- At the Inn at Bay Harbor, cancellations outside of 72 hours of arrival are refundable while inside 72 hours it is non-refundable; Cottages are subject to a $10 administrative fee. Holiday and special events may carry a varied fee. Please call Reservations for any questions you may have.
- Where do guests check in?
- The Main Lodge for Boyne Highlands, The Mountain Grand Lodge for Boyne Mountain, and the front desk for Inn at Bay Harbor.
- Can I stay at one resort and ski/ride at the other resort?
- Yes. Lift tickets are interchangeable between the two resorts.
- Is there a military discount?
- Yes, it is 20% on lodging for active and retired military with a valid ID.
- What is the difference between Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands?
- Both resorts have a great atmosphere for any age group. Both offer skiing (downhill and cross country), tubing, snowshoeing, pools, hot tubs, ice-skating, restaurants, ski school, day care, and bars. Every age can enjoy the vast range of beginner, moderate, and expert slopes! Boyne Mountain also has an 88,000 sq ft indoor waterpark.
- Which one is more family oriented?
- Both are equally family oriented.
- Is there a shuttle to other sister resorts?
- We do not offer a shuttle from one resort to another.
- What are Boyne stars and how are they rated?
- BOYNE utilizes a 5 star rating system for all our lodging options:
Hotels and Lodges
Star Rating 5: Accommodations at the pinnacle of resort luxury and sophistication. Extraordinarily deluxe service, refined accommodations and ultimate in comfort with personalized attention to guest expectations in both lodging and full service facilities. Accommodations are maintained at a level as to almost never showing signs of use.
Star Rating 4: Accommodations with distinctively refined design, quality, and physical attributes and amenities. Upscale sense of comfort and character. Lobby, public space and full service facilities of distinguished caliber. Accommodations are maintained at a level as to very rarely showing signs of use.
Star Rating 3: Accommodations with greatly enhanced room design, quality, amenities, comfort and service. Distinctive and memorable lodging for those guests with more encompassing needs. Augmented with enhanced lobby and public space areas and full service facilities. Accommodations seldom show signs of use and have strict guidelines for updates and keeping freshly appointed.
Star Rating 2: Accommodations with modestly enhanced room design, amenities, comfort and service. A step above minimal lodging requirements with a modestly improved sense of style. Note: Accommodations may show signs of use.
Star Rating 1: The most basic of lodging accommodations with modest core essentials of comfort and amenities being met. Basic requirements of cleanliness and utility are fulfilled. Note: Accommodations usually show signs of significant use.
Condominiums, Cottages and Cabins
Star Rating 5: Accommodations at the pinnacle of condominium resort luxury and sophistication. Extraordinarily refined accommodations and settings. Ultimate in comfort and style with personalized attention to guest expectations. Accommodations are maintained at a level as to almost never showing signs of use.
Star Rating 4: Accommodations with distinctively refined design, quality, and physical attributes and amenities. Upscale sense of comfort and character. Overall complex and unit facilities of distinguished caliber. Accommodations are maintained at a level as to very rarely showing signs of use.
Star Rating 3: Accommodations with greatly enhanced design and layout encompassing the sleeping quarters, kitchen, living and social space. Marked upgrades in quality, amenities and comfort. Distinctive and memorable lodging for those guests with more encompassing needs. Accommodations seldom show signs of use and have strict guidelines for updates and keeping freshly appointed.
Star Rating 2: Accommodations with modestly enhanced interior space design, amenities, comfort and facilities. A step above minimal condominium guest experience requirements with a modestly improved sense of style. Note: Accommodations may show signs of use.
Star Rating 1: The most basic utilitarian of condominium style multi-occupancy lodging accommodations with simple sleeping and living areas along with minimal kitchen facilities. Note: Accommodations usually show signs of significant use.
- I am staying in the condos in Boyne Mountain. Is there a pool I can use?
- Guests staying in the condos have use of the outdoor pool at the Clock Tower Lodge during the winter months. During the summer, the condos have access to both the condo pool in the Mountain Villas and the Clock Tower Lodge pool.
- What are the pool/exercise hours in the Clock Tower Lodge?
- Pool hours/Exercise rooms in the Clock Tower Lodge are 12pm to 11pm daily.
- Can I use the pool at the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa?
- Only guests staying in the Mountain Grand Lodge have access to the indoor/outdoor pool and fitness center located in that building unless paying a nominal fee.
- What are the hours of the pool in the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa?
- The indoor/outdoor pool opens at 6am and closes at 10pm.
- What pools can guests use at Boyne Highlands?
- The outdoor pools at the Main Lodge and Bartley House are for use of all guests on property.
- Can I use the Heather Highlands Inn pool?
- The Heather Highlands Inn indoor/outdoor pool is only for guests of that building.
- Is the pool at The Inn at Bay Harbor open year-round?
- The outdoor pool, hot tub and cabana bar are open seasonally weather dependant from May-September only. Guests staying at The Inn at Bay Harbor in the winter have access to Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountains outdoor pools.
- If guests are staying at The Inn at Bay Harbor, can they use the facilities at Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain?
- Yes. They can use BOYNE's facilities as if they were staying at one of the resorts. They can also use the pools (with the exception of Heather Highlands Inn or Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa) and have other resort charging privileges as well.
- What is in the condo units?
- All condo units with a kitchen have all kitchen utensils, pots and pans, linens, towels and soap (dishwasher) supplied.
- Do condos receive housekeeping?
- The condos do not receive daily housekeeping.
- How can Avalanche Bay be incorporated with a stay?
- BOYNE offers a houseguest discount and tickets can be purchased at the park's ticket counter. Value-priced combo tickets including skiing/riding and waterpark access as well as lodging packages including skiing/riding and waterpark are offered at Boyne Mountain.
- What hotels are connected to the Waterpark?
- The Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa is the only hotel directly connected to the indoor waterpark.
- What is Carnival and Krazy Daze weekend?
- This is a weekend for those who are looking to have a fun weekend on the slopes. It is BOYNE's weekend to celebrate the St. Patrick's weekend with a Mardi Gras theme. Occurring the weekend which falls closest to St. Patrick's Day, families are encouraged to participate in the Krazy Daze events happening at Boyne Highlands. All those over 21 years of age will appreciate the fun happening on and off the slopes at Boyne Mountain's Carnival. Call now to book reservations.
- When is 6-for-1 day and what is it?
- 6-for-1 occurs in honor of the first 6-place chair lift which is located at Boyne Mountain. On this day, 6 lift tickets can be purchased for the price of 1. Check the Events Calendar for date.
- Is The Inn at Bay Harbor open in the winter?
- Yes. We offer reduced rates in the winter at The Inn as well as ski/ride packages.
- How many trails does each resort have?
- 59 trails and 10 lifts at Boyne Mountain, 55 trails and 10 lifts at Boyne Highlands.
Mountain Grand Lodge and Solace Spa
- Do I need to bring my room key for access to the pool in the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa?
- A key is required to get into the pool facilities.
- What are the hours of the fitness center?
- The fitness center is open during pool hours, 15 and under are not permitted in the fitness center.
- How old do you have to be to have a massage?
- 16 years and up can have a massage (16 and 17 year olds must have a signed guardian waiver). 12 years and up can have facials as well as manicures and pedicures (these treatments also require a waiver signed by a guardian). Fitness rooms and spa lockers are not available to guests under 16 years of age.