With more than 35 kilometers of groomed and track-set trails, there's no better way to experience the forests and fields of Boyne Highlands than from a pair of cross-country skis. Whether you're looking for an all-day tour, a challenging hill loop or a brisk skate, you'll appreciate the beauty and tranquility of our beautifully maintained trail network.
The Cross Country Center is OPEN!
- 9am - 4pm: $16
- after 4pm: $10
- ages 8 and under: free
- Friday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm
- Sunday - Thursday: 9am - 5pm
BOYNE Trail Passes allow unlimited access to our cross country and snowshoeing trails and provide one lift ride to our upper trails.
BOYNE daily lift tickets allow unlimited access to our cross country and snowshoeing trails.
- Skis, boots & poles: $20 daily
- Performance Skate package: $25 daily
- Ages 8 & under: $20 daily
- Snowshoes: $25 daily
Call the Boyne Highlands Cross Country Center at 231.526.3029 for additional details.
Introduction to Cross Country: $56 per person
Thinking about taking up cross-country skiing? Start off on the right foot with our expert Nordic instruction staff - and learn to love this incredible sport from the very beginning. Our Introduction to Cross Country skiing packages include:
- Rental equipment
- 1.5 hour group lesson
- An all day trail pass to practice your newly acquired skills
- Lessons are available daily and can be arranged by calling the SnowSports Academy at 231.526.3056
- Classic or Skate style
- 1.5 Hour
- Available for Classic, Skate, or Telemark
- 1 Hour
- $82; Off peak rate: $72 (9-10am and after 3:30pm)
- Each additional person - $32
Lessons can be arranged by calling the SnowSports Academy at 231.526.3056.
Conditions for Sunday, February 19
|B 34 °F||35 km||35 km||35 km||6 km|
|Fat Tire Snow Biking||Winds||Snowfall||Snow Depth||Compacted Base Depth|
|6 km||N at 0.9 MPH||-||20 - 17||16 - 09|
|Icy Patches||Thin Cover/Bare Spots|
- Machine-Made Closed
- Loose Granular Closed
- Hard Pack Yes
- Spring Conditions Closed
- Machine Groomed Yes
- Frozen Granular Yes
- Wind Blown Closed
- Wet Snow Closed
- Powder Closed
- Granular Closed
- Corn Snow Closed
- Obstacles Closed
- Packed Powder Closed
- Variable Granular Closed