We love October for one reason...it means it's almost winter! Okay, so we also like when the leaves change color, that there are pumpkins and mums on every corner, and the taste of a nice fall Michigan brew. We like all of these things so much, that we decided to throw an epic party to celebrate! It's called Skitoberfest and you don't want to miss it.
Join the Boyne Mountain crew for an Oktoberfest-style celebration of fall, and the promise of the coming snowsport season. You'll find everything you'd expect at Oktoberfest - great food, Michigan beer, wine and spirits, live music and performances - plus our own ski- and snowboard-oriented twists on tradition. Carve out plenty of time for our on-snow rail jam, the Burton Riglet Park for kids, a ski swap, free rides on our six-place chair, a parade, street dancing, and tons of other surprises during this amazing preseason celebration.
Admission is FREE, and tickets for food, brews, and some activities will be available.
THE Winter Expo: 10am - 5pm inside the Civic Center
Hosted by BOYNE's Ambassador of Skiing, Cary Adgate, this is the kick-off to Skitoberfest with all the gear, information, and season passes to get you ready for this winter.
- Community Ski & Snowboard Swap benefiting Boyne City Ski Teams: 10am - 3pm
- Ski Clubs, Race Clubs, and Manufacturer Reps - Your Favorites with the Latest Gear
- Guest Speaker, to be announced in early September
- Vintage Ski Movies
- Tuning Demonstrations
- Great Giveaways
THE Party: noon - midnight in Village Lane and Mountain Express Base Area
THE VIP Lounge: 3 - 5pm
Exclusively for BOYNE homeowners, BOYNE 2015/16 season pass-holders, and their ticketed guests (VIP Lounge open to ages 21 and up)
THE Activities: noon - 6pm
- Michigan Beer, Wine, & Spirits Tasting - Tickets required, no entry fee to taste. 21 and older; photo ID required.
- NEW: Get your Skitoberfest Ski Pass stamped by eight participating food, beer, wine, spirits, or activity vendors to enter in a prize drawing
- Food & Sweet Treats from Area Restaurants, plus a Food Truck Gathering
- Live Entertainment
- Music, Dance, and Theater Performances
- Chalk Art on Village Lane
- Wine Tasting at Made in Michigan, 21 and older
- Paint Your Mark on the Graffiti Wall
- Photo Booth
- Music and Magic on the Lawn - Live Street Theatre
- Casting Lessons with Boyne Outfitters
- Village Sidewalk Sales (11am - 8pm)
- FREE Scenic Chairlift Rides (noon - 8pm)
- Twin Zip Rides (visit the Adventure Center, 2 - 9pm)
- Hay Rides (2 - 9pm)
- S'mores Around the Bonfire (6 - 9pm)
- Outdoor Family Movie (8pm)
- Disc Golf Course
- Three-legged Race
- Cart decorating in the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa courtyard
THE Kids' Zone: noon - 6pm
- Kids' Root Beer & Soda Garden featuring Northwoods Soda
- Tasty Snacks & Sweet Treats
- Face Painting
- Horse and Pony Rides
- Petting Zoo
- Art Projects
- Cookies & Canvas: kids create a work of art in a guided class with a professional artist while eating cookies!
- Visits from Fritz, the resort mascot in THE Biergarten, 2pm - 12:30am
THE Skitoberfest Rail Jam: 3:30 - 5:30pm
It's what you've been waiting for all summer...time to get your park fix until winter truly arrives. We'll supply the "snow" and features, you bring your gear and attitude! Registration is Saturday from 10am - 3pm at the BOYNE booth at the Winter Expo.
THE Biergarten: 2pm - 12:30am
Celebrate in an elaborately decorated Biergarten (beer garden) featuring extravagant hors d'oeuvres, delectable desserts, acrobat and fire breathing performances, and eXperience DJ spinning the latest dance hits and classic party tracks.
- 2 - 5pm: Gourmet hors d'oeuvres and delectable desserts; $50 entry. Complimentary admission for BOYNE homeowners and 2015/16 season passholders.
- 2 - 8pm: Live entertainment by David Cisco
THE Pray for Snow Bonfire: 5 - 6pm
Join us at the GIANT bonfire, as we pray to Ullr, the Viking God of Snow, for a snow-filled winter season!
THE Skitoberfest Parade: 6 - 7pm
- 7th Annual Skitoberfest Parade and Street Dance, Village Lane
THE Afterparty at the Snowflake Lounge: 7pm - 2am
Celebrate outside all day and stick around into the evening as we bring the party inside to the legendary Snowflake Lounge with live entertainment, prize giveaways, and more!
- 7pm: Prize drawing for all ages; must be present to win
- 8pm: No entry fee, 21 and older**
- 8:30pm - 12:30am: Dancing to The Shifties
**Must be 21 or older after 8pm; photo ID required at the door.
Child care is available between the hours of 6pm - midnight with advance reservation. For child care pricing and to make a reservation, call 231.549.7274.