In appreciation of your local patronage and support of our resorts and operations, Boyne Highlands Resort, as well as sister resort, Boyne Mountain, are pleased to offer a full day of FREE skiing/snowboarding and more to residents of Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego counties on Sunday, January 8, 2017. FREE access to the downhill trails at Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain, plus the parks, pipes and cross country trails at both resorts is available 9am to 4:30pm.
Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego county residents need only show their driver's license or other form of identification with proof of residency at the resorts' lift ticket windows to receive a FREE lift ticket for the day. Ages 15 and under can ski and snowboard free during Community Appreciation Day if accompanied by an adult with proof of local residency. Community Appreciation Day lift tickets are good from 9am to 4:30pm. Many other specials and discounts are offered to residents of Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego on January 8.
The following information is from Community Appreciation Day 2016. Details for this year's event will be available approximately 30 days before.
- Ski/Ride free 9am - 4:30pm with Proof of residency in Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, or Otsego counties
- $15 ski/snowboard group lesson - advance reservations required, please call 526.3056
- $20 ski and snowboard equipment rental
- $15 Twin Zip rides, 10am - 3pm (two rides per guest)
- Free NASTAR racing, 10am-1:30pm (register at the start house at top of race course)
- $3 special for hot dog + soft drink and $3 pizza slice + soft drink in the Boyne Highlands Cafeteria
- $10 special on wings and a pint of Dos Equis beer in Slopeside Lounge
- $10 special on pretzel bites and a pint of Dos Equis beer in The Zoo Bar
- Bonfire & S'mores outside of the Camelot/Zoo 1 - 4pm
- 40% off spa and salon services at The Spa at Boyne Highlands, 10am - 4pm (advance reservations required, please call 526.3846)
- Community CPR Training, 11am-2pm; hosted by Boyne Highlands' Ski Patrol and McLaren Northern Michigan; no reservations required; training located in the Tailgate Room of the Day Lodge