If you have questions about Boyne Highlands, the odds are good you'll find the answers below. But if you'd like to know more, our Reservations staff is always happy to provide additional information. So peruse the questions and answers below at your convenience, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Are the resorts non-smoking?
- Yes. Boyne Highlands is a non-smoking facility.
- Can I book a certain location or room at any of the resorts?
- Rooms and condos are not guaranteed to be in a specific building or location as most of our units are individually owned.
- Are Pets allowed?
- Yes, at select locations. Boyne Highlands offers pet friendly rooms at The Bartley House and Main Lodge only.
- What time is check-in and check-out?
- Boyne Highlands hotel rooms - check in 5pm, check out 1pm . Heather Highlands Inn - check in 6pm, check out 1pm. Condos & Townhomes - check in 6pm, check out 11am.
- How far away are you from...?
- Detroit Area | 264 miles | 4.5 hours drive time
- Grand Rapids | 187 miles | 3 hours drive time
- Lansing | 200 miles | 3 hours drive time
- Chicago | 359 miles | 6.5 hours drive time
- Fort Wayne, IN | 336 miles | 5.5 hours drive time
- South Bend, IN | 300 miles | 5 hours drive time
- Cleveland, OH | 421 miles | 6 hours drive time
- Cincinnati, OH | 480 miles | 7 hours drive time
- Can we cancel our reservation?
- Yes. When you book your reservation, we do require a deposit. If you cancel outside of 7 days, you will get a refund minus a $10 administrative fee. If you cancel within 7 days, the deposit is non refundable but we will hold the deposit and the guest can use it towards another stay. Please note holiday and special events are subject to alternative cancellation policies.
- Where do guests check in?
- The Main Lodge
- Can I stay at Boyne Highlands and ski/ride at Boyne Mountain?
- Yes. Lift tickets are interchangeable between the two resorts.
- Is there a military discount?
- Yes, it is 20% on lodging and lodging packages for active and retired military with a valid ID.
- What is the difference between Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands?
- Both resorts have a great atmosphere for any age group. Boyne Highlands offers a timeless retreat to which guests are warmly welcomed to an uncomplicated and positive sporty experience. Both resorts offer a wide range of four seasons activities.
- Which one is more family oriented?
- Both are equally family oriented.
- Is there a shuttle to other sister resorts?
- We do not offer a shuttle from one resort to another.
- What are Boyne stars and how are they rated?
- BOYNE utilizes a 5 star rating system for all our lodging options:
Hotels and Lodges
Star Rating 5: Accommodations at the pinnacle of resort luxury and sophistication. Extraordinarily deluxe service, refined accommodations and ultimate in comfort with personalized attention to guest expectations in both lodging and full service facilities. Accommodations are maintained at a level as to almost never showing signs of use.
Star Rating 4: Accommodations with distinctively refined design, quality, and physical attributes and amenities. Upscale sense of comfort and character. Lobby, public space and full service facilities of distinguished caliber. Accommodations are maintained at a level as to very rarely showing signs of use.
Star Rating 3: Accommodations with greatly enhanced room design, quality, amenities, comfort and service. Distinctive and memorable lodging for those guests with more encompassing needs. Augmented with enhanced lobby and public space areas and full service facilities. Accommodations seldom show signs of use and have strict guidelines for updates and keeping freshly appointed.
Star Rating 2: Accommodations with modestly enhanced room design, amenities, comfort and service. A step above minimal lodging requirements with a modestly improved sense of style. Note: Accommodations may show signs of use.
Star Rating 1: The most basic of lodging accommodations with modest core essentials of comfort and amenities being met. Basic requirements of cleanliness and utility are fulfilled. Note: Accommodations usually show signs of significant use.
Condominiums, Cottages and Cabins
Star Rating 5: Accommodations at the pinnacle of condominium resort luxury and sophistication. Extraordinarily refined accommodations and settings. Ultimate in comfort and style with personalized attention to guest expectations. Accommodations are maintained at a level as to almost never showing signs of use.
Star Rating 4: Accommodations with distinctively refined design, quality, and physical attributes and amenities. Upscale sense of comfort and character. Overall complex and unit facilities of distinguished caliber. Accommodations are maintained at a level as to very rarely showing signs of use.
Star Rating 3: Accommodations with greatly enhanced design and layout encompassing the sleeping quarters, kitchen, living and social space. Marked upgrades in quality, amenities and comfort. Distinctive and memorable lodging for those guests with more encompassing needs. Accommodations seldom show signs of use and have strict guidelines for updates and keeping freshly appointed.
Star Rating 2: Accommodations with modestly enhanced interior space design, amenities, comfort and facilities. A step above minimal condominium guest experience requirements with a modestly improved sense of style. Note: Accommodations may show signs of use.
Star Rating 1: The most basic utilitarian of condominium style multi-occupancy lodging accommodations with simple sleeping and living areas along with minimal kitchen facilities. Note: Accommodations usually show signs of significant use.
- What pools can guests use at Boyne Highlands?
- The outdoor pools at the Main Lodge and The Bartley House are for use of all guests on property.
- Can I use the Heather Highlands Inn pool?
- The Heather Highlands Inn indoor/outdoor pool is only for guests of that building.
- If guests are staying at Boyne Highlands, can they use the facilities at The Inn at Bay Harbor and Boyne Mountain?
- Yes. They can use BOYNE's facilities as if they were staying at one of the resorts. They can also use the pools (with the exception of Heather Highlands Inn or Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa) and have other resort charging privileges as well.
- What is in the condo units?
- All condo units with a kitchen have all kitchen utensils, pots and pans, linens, towels and soap (dishwasher) supplied.
- Do condos receive housekeeping?
- The condos do not receive daily housekeeping.
- What is Krazy Daze weekend?
- This is a weekend for those who are looking to have a fun weekend on the slopes. It is BOYNE's weekend to celebrate the St. Patrick's weekend with a Mardi Gras theme. Occurring the weekend which falls close to St. Patrick's weekend, families are encouraged to participate in the Krazy Daze events happening at Boyne Highlands. Call now to book reservations.
- When is 6-for-1 Day and what is it?
- 6-for-1 Day occurs in honor of the first 6-place chair lift which is located at Boyne Mountain. On this day, 6 lift tickets can be purchased for the price of 1. Check the Events Calendar for date.
- How many trails does Boyne Highlands have?
- 55 trails and 10 lifts at Boyne Highlands.