Boyne Highlands is one of those really good dreams we don't want to wake up from, but luckily for us it's reality. I grew up about 15 minutes down the road from Boyne Highlands and only recently did I start to find out about its exciting history and all of the amazing things it has to offer, such as skiing, snowboarding, ziplining, horseback riding, snowshoeing, and so much more. Everett Kircher discovered and built our beloved Boyne Highlands and was the very start of what the wonderful resort is today. There are so many facts and so much history regarding Boyne Highlands that I would love to share!
Boyne Highlands Fun Facts:
- Kircher had many firsts including the world's first triple chair lift installed in 1964 at Boyne Highlands.
- In 1990 Kircher installed Michigan's first high-speed detachable quad chairlift at Boyne Highlands.
- Kircher made Boyne Highlands home to his first 18-hole golf course.
- Boyne Highlands has a vertical drop of 552 feet, which is the highest vertical in lower Michigan.
- Boyne Highlands has the most skiable and rideable 435 acres in lower Michigan.
- When perched atop Boyne Highlands North Peak you can experience spectacular views of the Mackinaw Bridge on a clear day.
- Big Sky Montana, Brighton, Crystal Mountain, The Summit at Snoqualme, Cypress Mountain in Vancouver British Columbia, Boyne Mountain, Gatlinburg Sky Lift, Loon Mountain, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf are all sister resorts of Boyne Highlands.
Boyne Highlands is truly a unique treasure. Gather friends and family and come experience it for yourself!
See you on the slopes,
Abby◂ Return to News & Updates