BOYNE Racing is currently being revised. We hope to have the updates ready very soon. Plese check back next week. The following information is from the 2013/14 season.
BOYNE Racing ranks among our most popular winter programs at Boyne Highlands. Each year, hundreds of aspiring ski racers join us to take their skills to the next level. The BOYNE Racing program's focus is on USSA and FIS racers, and on middle and high school racers who seek the opportunity to refine their racing skills. Sessions are generally scheduled from Wednesday through Sunday, with two intensive two-session-per-day Holiday Race Camps at Boyne Mountain during the winter holiday break. And for ski programs seeking an additional edge, we offer private team training sessions and camps as well. Call 231.838.7718 for reservations - or additional information.
Our mission is to provide instruction, training, and mentorship for ski racers to achieve success in ski racing by way of a high quality program that teaches sound technique, tactics, training habits, and mental preparation. We believe that, armed with an open mind and learning attitude, all racers have great potential for improving their racing ability and results. Taking up this challenge provides the athlete with many positive benefits not directly related to race results; including self-confidence, good critical thinking, self-discipline, camaraderie, and pride of accomplishment. But perhaps the most important benefit to be earned is fun - and we believe that fun is an indispensable ingredient in the learning process.
BOYNE Racing Staff
We have a staff of highly accomplished ski racers who have achieved success at regional, national, World Cup, and Olympic levels - both in competition and in coaching. Collectively, our five core staff members have over one hundred years of high-level experience in the sport of ski racing. Our goal is to pass along our experience and knowledge so that you have the opportunity to match or exceed our successes. Our staff's experience as successful competitors sets our program apart!
Full Season Membership
- Includes approximately 60 regular BOYNE Racing training sessions (excluding camps).
- 4 - 5 weekly training sessions including Wednesday & Thursday evening sessions at Boyne Highlands (6-8:30pm), Friday evening sessions at Boyne Mountain (6-8:30pm), Saturday daytime or evening sessions at Boyne Mountain, and some Sunday morning sessions at Boyne Mountain.
- Dedicated videographer on-staff means increased use of video analysis at selected sessions
- Wireless electric time trials during select training sessions for self-comparison & race day simulation.
- Inclusion in email updates with articles about technique, tactics, and all facets of preparation.
- Scheduled off-snow lectures covering all aspects of racing theory, technique, preparation, and performance.
- Pre-season consultation to assist you with goal setting and formulation of your racing and training plan.
- Mid-season speed camp at Boyne Highlands on February 9-10, 2013. Optional time trial to be held Monday, February 11th based on interest levels.
- Coaching and representation at selected Region III CUSSA race events and lower peninsula FIS race events. Note: requires USSA membership and race fees with Region III, Central Division, United States Ski Association; FIS participation requires qualification and FIS fees.
- Note: A Single Session Program Trial is available with advance reservation. The $75 fee is applicable toward a season long registration.
Holiday Camps - $325 (200 w/ Season Membership)
- Four day camps, two session per day intensive camps.
- Camp 1 - December 20-23; Camp 2 - December 27- 30
- 2 days GS / 2 days SL per camp
- Includes computer video analysis.
- Space is limited - please book early for these popular camps.
- Custom team training camps designed to fit the needs of your ski club or high school ski team, 30-day advance booking strongly recommended. Camps offered on a space-available basis and subject to staff availability.