A kayak adventure is a unique way to experience nature in northern Michigan. Be prepared to maneuver through obstacles that will get your heart pumping before reaching the wider, more relaxed portion of the river and eventually spilling out into Lake Charlevoix. Don't forget to enjoy the tranquil beauty and wildlife of the Boyne River as you meander along the curves and bends in a solo or tandem kayak. The Boyne River is a great river for beginners and appropriate for most age groups. Boyne River Adventures will pick you up in front of the Adventure Center, launch you in the river, and meet you at the end of your trip to return you promptly to the resort.*
- Friday - Saturday, and Wednesday: 10am and 2pm
- 2-2.5 hours for 6 mile trip, total time 3 hours
- Hours subject to change
- Reservations required
- Must be placed at least 24 hours in advance 231.549.7256
- Single Kayak: $40
- Tandem Kayak: $80 (Recommended for experienced kaykers)
*Our Kayak Adventure is not a guided tour. If you have never kayaked before, we suggest you take a test ride at Deer Lake Beach located on the west side of the resort property.
What To Bring/Wear
- Sandals or shoes that are not loose, you need straps that tighten and that will not come off in the water. Closed toes required.
- Bug spray is a good idea, but the bugs are generally not bad
- Be prepared to possibly get wet, wear quick drying clothing or bathing suit
- A snack or beverage
- A dry bag to keep your things dry - if you are worried they may get wet, leave them behind
- Hat and/or sunglasses
Life jackets and paddles are provided.
Respect the river. We leave the river as we found it. NO glass bottles, styrofoam coolers, or rubber balloons are allowed on the Boyne River.
Registration is located at the Boyne Mountain Adventure Center, located on the Clock Tower Lodge circle drive. Call 231.549.7256 or stop in to make reservations and gather additional information.