Learn to tie your own fishing flies! This class was designed with the beginner in mind. For many anglers, fly fishing and fly tying go hand in hand. The gratification of catching a fish on something you have tied is rewarding in many ways. Many find it enjoyable to spend the winter months tying flies for the coming season.
Each three hour workshop will teach you the basics of the tools used in fly tying, basic techniques, as well as tying a few basic flies of your own. We supply the materials, but you will need your own vice and tool set to participate. Vices, tool sets, and fly tying kits are available through Boyne Outfitters. Aren't sure about the investment and still want to try it out? We are happy to rent you a vice and tool set for this workshop as well.
- Time: 1-4pm
- Cost: $75.00 per person, per session.
- Experience Level: Novice.
- Required: Vice & tools. Materials provided. Vice & toolset rental available upon request.
- A minimum of 4 students is required to hold a class. Class size is limited to 6 students.
- Check-in at Boyne Outfitters
- Additional Date: Sunday, March 6, 2016
For questions, please call Boyne Outfitters at 231.549.6064.◂ Return to Events Calendar