Join Matt Supinski for a day of selectivity - understanding and fine-tuning your angling techniques to varying salmonid behaviors. The morning session will be an in-house clinic discussing Matt's theory of selectivity, how it applies to your angling environment, and how to change your angling to meet the needs of the fish. The afternoon session will be fly tying session focusing on some of Matt's tried-&-true fly patterns for Great Lakes trout, salmon and steelhead. Following the afternoon session, Matt will be available in Boyne Outfitters for a meet & greet, as well as signing his book, Selectivity, available at Boyne Outfitters.
- Selectivity Session: 9am - noon
- Fly Tying Session: 1 - 3pm
- Meet & Greet / Book SigningG: 4-5pm
- Cost: FREE! However, class size is limited and an RSVP is required. Each session is separate, so RSVP to one or the other, or both! Please call 231.549.6064 to reserve your spot!
- Experience Level: All levels are invited to attend the Selectivity session. Intermediate fly tying skill is recommended for the tying session.
- Required: Selectivity Session...a willingness to learn! Fly Tying Session...vice, tools, materials. Suggested materials list available upon request.
Matt Supinski is a renowned fly fishing outfitter and guide specializing in progressive techniques in the pursuit of trout, salmon, and steelhead in the Great Lakes region and beyond. For nearly 50 years, Matt has dedicated his life to understanding the behavior of salmonid species and has developed his "selectivity" theory based on his experiences. Matt's passion and knowledge for steelhead and Atlantic salmon on the fly is unmatched, and in 2010 he guided Tom Aufiero to an IFGA record for landlocked Atlantic salmon right here in Michigan! Matt and his wife, Laurie, own and operate Gray Drake Lodge & Outfitters on the banks of the Muskegon River.◂ Return to Events Calendar