The following information is from 2015. This year's schedule will be posted as soon as it becaomes available.
Friday, July 1, 2016
- 6 - 9pm: Stroll the Streets, free live music and entertainment all over downtown Boyne City
Saturday, July 2th, 2016
- 8pm: Big Boss Blues Band from Kalamazoo will perform in Sunset Park behind the Chamber office. Rain location is the Performing Arts Center at Boyne City High School. News story.
Sunday, July 3, 2016
- 10am - 9pm: "Bouncers and More" Inflatable Alley - For all ages
- 10am - 5pm: 40th Annual Waterside Arts & Crafts Show (Vendor application) - Veterans Park
- 1 - 3pm: All-Class Reunion for Boyne City Schools, Veterans Park
- 1pm: Soap Box Derby School - Required of all kids who want to participate in the Soap Box Derby at 2 p.m. the next day. This will to ensure that drivers have the proper skills to operate the derby car. On Pine Street between Park & East Streets. Info: 248-410-3632.Rules and registration form.
- 2pm: Free concert, southern gospel trio The Taylors at Boyne City High School Performing Arts Center. Sponsored by Horton Bay United Methodist Church.
- 5 - 6pm: Early registration and packet pick-up for 40th Annual Independence Day Run Race, behind the Chamber of Commerce, 28 S. Lake St. (Registration form.)
Monday, July 4th, 2016
- 6:30 - 7:15am: 40th Annual Indepence Day Run Race Registration - behind Chamber building, 28 S. Lake St.
- 7 - 10am: Eagles Breakfast at Eagles Hall, 106 River St.
- 7:30am: 40th annual Independence Day Run - 2-mile and 10k races along the edge of Lake Charlevoix Registration form
- 8:30am: Parade registration & lineup at the corner of Park and Franklin Streets (NEW LOCATION!). Parade entry form (free).
- 9am - 7pm: Bouncers & More Inflatable Alley - For all ages and sizes
- 9am - noon: Eagles Auxiliary selling hot dogs, bratwurst and 4th of July trinkets at the Eagles Hall, 106 River St.
- 9 - 9:15am: Children's Bike & Costume lineup at Early Childhood Development Center playground, corner of Main and Park Streets: judging at 9:30 sharp
- 9:30am: Pre-parade entertainment and Eta Nu Clowns - Downtown
- 10am - 5: 39th Annual Waterside Arts & Craft Show (Vendor application)
- 10am: GRAND PARADE* on Water Street and Lake Street. Begins at corner of East and Water Streets, proceeds west on Water Street to Lake Street, then north on Lake, ending at Family Fare Supermarket | Parade theme is "Rock 'N' Roll." Parade entry form (free)
- 10am - 4pm: Munson Health Care/Boyne Area Health Center First Aid Station, North Lake Street next to the river.
- 10am: Boyne Valley Garden Club Pie Sale
- 11am: Boyne City Rotary Club Chicken Barbecue
- 11:30am: Kiwanis/Family Fare Supermarket Children's Pie-Eating Contest - Veterans ParkNoon - 2 p.m. Kiwanis Children's Games - Veterans Park
- 1 - 7pm: Live music in Veterans Park
- 1pm: Northern Nites
- 3pm: Yankee Station
- 5pm: TNT
- 2pm: Commemorative Raft Race in the Boyne River | Flier
- 2 -4pm: Soap Box Derby, Park Street at Cedar Street - contestants must first pre-register and attend Derby School at 1 p.m. July 3 (see above). Rules and registration form.
- 2:30pm: Boyne Chamber's 28th Annual Duck Race in the Boyne River - Chance to win $1,000, $250, $100, and seven $50 prizes. Purchase $10 tickets at Chamber office. Last year's winners below. | Video | Duck Race Song
- 10:30pm: FIREWORKS over Lake Charlevoix | Adopt Fireworks donation form
Reminder: Dogs are not allowed in city parks during festivals/special events.
* Handicapped parking available during the parade on Park Street between Ace Hardware and Pat O'Brien Real Estate and behind Park View Family Dentistry, corner of State and Lake streets.
Tuesday, July 5 (Rain date for fireworks)◂ Return to Events Calendar