If you aren't quite ready to put your race skis away but you have thought about dusting off the clubs, then we have the event for you. The Hemlock Open is a two person team competition. It consists of two runs of slalom in a dual format on North Boyne in the morning. In the afternoon, enjoy a two man scramble. Each team member's best run is added together with their team golf score to determine the total team score.
Click Here for 2014 Hemlock Open Results
Fax in entry form: 231.549.6094
Attn: Dan Turcott
Mail in entry form to:
BOYNE Snowsports Marketing
1 Boyne Mountain Rd.
Boyne Falls, MI 49713
Attn: Dan Turcott
Cost: $50 per person | Proceeds to benefit US Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame
Must be 15 years old (or a freshman in high school) in order to participate
- 8 - 9am: Mandatory on-site registration | Adventure Center Office on the Village Circle Drive
- 9 - 11:15am: Lift open (participants only)
- 9 - 9:45am: Course Inspection - North Boyne
- 10 - 11:30am: Ski Race - North Boyne
- 11:30am - 1pm: Lunch - on your own*
- 1 - 3:30pm: Golf Scramble - Boyne Mountain Golf Shop | Monupine Course**
- 3:30 - 4pm: Awards - Boyne Mountain Golf Shop
*Trophy Room: Pie and a Pint $10, $5 Bloody Mary's, $3 Domestic draft, $4 Craft draft
**Drving Range Open at Noon, Beverage Cart on course
- Ski Race: The ski race will be a "dual style" course where each participant will get 2 runs and the faster of the 2 runs will be counted. Each team member's fastest time will be combined for a team total for skiing and the combined total time will be rounded down to the nearest full seconds.
- Golf: The golf portion of the event will be a 9 hole, 2 person scramble on the Monupine Course, the Monupine combines holes from the Monument and Alpine Courses.
- Total Score: The total score will be computed by adding the team ski race score to the team golf scramble score and the lowest total score will be declared the winning team.
- Tiebreaker: Any ties for the top 3 spots only, will be broken using a "chip off" immediately following the golf portion of the event. The "chip off" will be conducted as follows; Both team members will get one chip from a designated area and the team whose ball rests nearest to the cup will be declared the winning team.
Food and beverage service will be available at Everett's in the Mountain Grand Lodge throughout the day, Trophy Room beginning at 11:30am and there will also be a beverage cart on the golf course.
Best of Luck and Have a Great Time!◂ Return to Events Calendar