THE HEMLOCK OPEN IS NOW SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, APRIL 16!
If you aren't quite ready to put your race skis away but you have thought about dusting off the clubs, then we have the event for you. The Hemlock Open is a two person team competition. It consists of two runs of slalom in a dual format on North Boyne in the morning. In the afternoon, enjoy a two man scramble. Each team member's best run is added together with their team golf score to determine the total team score.
Cost: $50 per person | Must be 15 years old (or a freshman in high school) in order to participate
- 8 - 9am: Mandatory on-site registration | Adventure Center Office on the Village Circle Drive
- 9 - 11:15am: Lift open
- 9 - 9:30am: Course Inspection - North Boyne
- 9:30 - 11:30am: Ski Race - North Boyne
- 11:30am - 1pm: Lunch Break - 40 Acres Tavern Open*
- 1 - 3:30pm: Golf Scramble - Boyne Mountain Golf Shop | Monupine Course**
- 3:30 - 4pm: Awards - Boyne Mountain Golf Shop
*Trophy Room: Pizza and a Pint $10, $5 Bloody Mary's, $3 Domestic draft, $4 Craft draft
Forty Acres Tavern: $3 Dos Equis Amber, $2 PBR
**Driving Range Open at noon, beverages available at Alpine Express
- Ski Race: The ski race will be a "dual style" course where each participant will get 2 runs and the faster of the 2 runs will be counted. Each team member's fastest time will be combined for a team total for skiing and the combined total time will be rounded down to the nearest full seconds.
- Golf: The golf portion of the event will be a 9 hole, 2 person scramble on the Monupine Course, the Monupine combines holes from the Monument and Alpine Courses.
- Total Score: The total score will be computed by adding the team ski race score to the team golf scramble score and the lowest total score will be declared the winning team.
- Tiebreaker: Any ties for the top 3 spots only, will be broken using a "chip off" immediately following the golf portion of the event. The "chip off" will be conducted as follows; Both team members will get one chip from a designated area and the team whose ball rests nearest to the cup will be declared the winning team.
Food and beverage service will be available at Everett's in the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa throughout the day, Forty Acres Tavern beginning at 11am, and Trophy Room Pub & Pizzeria at 11:30am.
Best of Luck and Have a Great Time!◂ Return to Events Calendar