We love October for one reason...it means it's almost winter! Okay, so we also like when the leaves change color, that there are pumpkins and mums on every corner, and the taste of a nice fall Michigan brew. We like all of these things so much, that we decided to throw an epic party to celebrate! It's called Skitoberfest and you don't want to miss it.
Admission is FREE! Tickets for food, brews, and certain activities are available at designated ticket booths.
Make it a weekend getaway, book a our special Skitoberfest lodging deal today! Rooms are limited.
THE Winter Expo: 10am - 5pm inside the Civic Center
This is the kick-off to Skitoberfest with all the latest and greatest gear from your favorite reps and it's a chance to pick up your season passes so you're ready to ride when the snowflakes fly! We are also excited for you to meet professional skier, Nick Goepper! Hailing from a small hill in Indiana, Nick Goepper gets big results, including an Olympic bronze medal, a second-straight X Games gold and a second-straight AFP slopestyle title.
- Community Ski & Snowboard Swap benefiting Boyne City Ski Teams: 10am - 3pm **Swap items may be dropped off from 4-7pm on Friday and 8-10am Saturday**
- Ski Clubs, Race Clubs, and Manufacturer Reps - Your Favorites with the Latest Gear
- Guest Speaker Nick Goepper at 1pm followed by autographs/selfies with Nick session
- Tuning Demonstrations
- Great Giveaways including a $500 shopping spree at our new Under Armour store and The North Face store!
- Boyne Country Sports Tent Sale (in front of the store) | Saturday: 9am-6pm | Sunday: 9am-5pm
THE Village Party and Activities: noon - 6pm
- Michigan Craft Beer, Wine, & Spirits Tasting - Tickets required, no entry fee to taste. 21 and older; photo ID required.
- NEW: Get your Skitoberfest Ski Pass stamped by eight participating food, beer, wine, spirits, or activity vendors to enter in a prize drawing
- Food & Sweet Treats from Area Restaurants and Food Trucks
- Ben Daniels Band | 1:30-5:30pm
- Music, Dance, and Theater Performances
- Chalk Art on Village Lane
- Paint Your Mark on the Graffiti Wall
- Photo Booth
- Music and Magic on the Lawn - Live Street Theatre
- Casting Lessons with Boyne Outfitters
- Village Sidewalk Sales | 11am-8pm
- FREE Scenic Chairlift Rides on Hemlock | noon-8pm
- Twin Zip Rides (visit the Adventure Center, 2-5pm)
- Hay Rides | 2-9pm
- S'mores Around the Bonfire | 5-9pm
- Disc Golf Course
- Human Bowling
- Sumo Wrestling
- Cart decorating in the Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa courtyard
THE Kids' Zone: noon - 6pm
- Bounce House
- Tasty Snacks & Sweet Treats
- Face Painting
- Horse and Pony Rides
- Petting Zoo
- Art Projects
- Cookies & Canvas: kids create a work of art in a guided class with a professional artist while eating cookies! Sessions will begin at 12:30pm, 2pm, 3:30pm, and 5pm.
- Visits from Fritz, the resort mascot in THE Biergarten, 2pm - 12:30am
THE 106 KHQ Pond Pedal: 2pm
Get wet, stay dry, or just watch the action...we are bringing our newest event back for 8th annual Skitoberfest! It's a crazy Slush Cup-style event called the Pond Pedal. Watch as bike riders take their turn to see if they can pedal across a singletrack set over the pond. Adding crashes and costumes to the long list of Skitoberfest fun.
THE VIP Lounge: 3pm - 5pm
Celebrate in an elaborately decorated Biergarten tent featuring extravagant hors d'oeuvres, delectable desserts, acrobat and fire breathing performances, and eXperience DJ spinning the latest dance hits and classic party tracks.
- Gourmet hors d'oeuvres and delectable desserts; $50 entry. Complimentary admission for BOYNE homeowners and 2016/17 season passholders.
- Live entertainment by David Cisco
THE Skitoberfest Rail Jam: 3:30 - 5:30pm
It's what you've been waiting for all summer...time to get your park fix until winter truly arrives. We'll supply the "snow" and features, you bring your gear and attitude! Registration is Saturday from 10am - 3pm at the BOYNE booth at the Winter Expo.
THE Pray for Snow Bonfire: 5 - 6pm
Join us at the GIANT bonfire, as we pray to Ullr, the Viking God of Snow, for a snow-filled winter season!
THE Skitoberfest Parade: 6 - 7pm
- 8th Annual Skitoberfest Parade and Street Dance, Village Lane
- Cart decorating in the Courtyard starts at noon
THE Afterparty at the Snowflake Lounge: 7pm - 2am
Celebrate outside all day and stick around into the evening as we bring the party inside to the legendary Snowflake Lounge with live entertainment, prize giveaways, and more!
- Prize drawing for all ages; must be present to win | 7pm
- No entry fee, 21 and older** | 8pm
- Entertainment by George Brothers Band | 8:30pm-12:30am
**Must be 21 or older after 8pm; photo ID required at the door.
Child care is available between the hours of 6pm-midnight with advance reservation. For child care pricing and to make a reservation, call 231.549.7274.