October comes only once a year. And since there's nothing we can really do to change that, we've decided to make the most of it with our annual Skitoberfest celebration.
Join the Boyne Mountain crew for an Oktoberfest-style celebration of fall, and the promise of the coming snowsport season. You'll find everything you'd expect at Oktoberfest - great food, Michigan beer, wine and spirits, live music and performances - plus our own ski- and snowboard-oriented twists on tradition. Carve out plenty of time for our on-snow rail jam, the Burton Riglet Park for kids, a ski swap, free rides on our six-place chair, a parade, street dancing and tons of other surprises during this preseason celebration.
Admission is FREE, and tickets for food, brews and some activities will be available. Remember - Skitoberfest comes only once a year. Don't miss the fun.
The following event information is from the 2013 event... check back for 2014 details!
Staged in the Village and nearby open lawn, the entire area comes alive with food and entertainment!
Saturday, October 6, 2pm - 12am
VIP Lounge: 2-7pm, exclusively for BOYNE homeowners, BOYNE 2012/13 season passholders and their ticketed guests (VIP Lounge open to ages 21 and up)
Entertainment in the Beer Tent: 7pm-12am
THE Activities: 2-7pm
- Michigan Beer, Wine & Spirits Tasting - Tickets required, no entry fee to taste. Click here to see participating breweries, wineries and distilleries. 21 and older; photo ID required.
- NEW: Free signature tasting mug with the purchase of your first 20 tickets. 21 and older; while supplies last.
- NEW: Get your Skitoberfest Ski Pass stamped by eight participating food, beer, wine, spirits or activity vendors to enter in a prize drawing
- Food + Sweet Treats from Area Restaurants, click here to see participating restaurants
- Live Entertainment by eXperience DJ
- Music, Dance and Theater Performances
- Chalk Art on Village Lane
- Wine Tasting at Made in Michigan, 21 and older
- 25 ft. Five-Climber Rock Wall
- Dual Extreme Air Jumpers
- Paint Your Mark on the Graffiti Wall
- Groomer Rides
- Photo Booth
- Buskermania! Live Street Theatre
- Casting Lessons with Boyne Outfitters
- Segway PT Experience (visit the Adventure Center)
- Village Sidewalk Sales (12-8pm)
- FREE Scenic Chairlift Rides (12-8pm)
- Twin Zip Rides (visit the Adventure Center, 2-9pm)
- Hay Rides (2-9pm)
- S'mores Around the Bonfire (6-9pm)
- Outdoor Family Movie (8pm)
THE Kid's Zone, 2-7pm
- NEW: Kids' Root Beer & Soda Garden featurng Northwoods Soda
- Tasty Snacks + Sweet Treats
- Burton Riglet Park
- Moon Bounce House Inflatable Obstacle CourseBalloon Hats and Animals
- Face Painting
- Horse and Pony Rides
- Petting Zoo
- Art Projects + Sand Art
- Visits from Fritz, the Resort Mascot THE Biergarten, 2pm - 12:30am
THE Skitoberfest Rail Jam, 3:30-5:30pm
It's what you've been waiting for all summer...time to get your park fix until winter truly arrives. We'll supply the "snow" and features, you bring your gear and attitude! Registration is Saturday from 10am to 3pm at the BOYNE booth at the Snowsports Summit.
NEW this season, the Boyne Mountain Pre-Season Progression Camp is a program designed to help young freeski and snowboard enthusiasts jump start their season through safety techniques, new discipline knowledge, progressive activities, and personal on-hill instruction. Camp registration includes two days of coaching, on-hill instruction, Skitoberfest Rail Jam entry fee, and an indoor training session at Boyne Area Gymnastics.
THE Biergarten, 2pm - 12:30am
Celebrate in an elaborately decorated Biergarten (beer garden) featuring extravagant hors d'oeuvres, delectable desserts, acrobat and fire breathing performances, and eXperience DJ spinning the latest dance hits and classic party tracks.
- 2-5pm: Gourmet hors d'oeuvres and delectable desserts; $50 entry. Complimentary admission for BOYNE homeowners and 2013/14 season passholders.
- 2-8pm: Live entertainment by eXperience DJ
- 5pm - 12:30am: No entry fee
- 7pm: Prize drawing for all ages; must be present to win
- 8pm: Tent becomes 21 and older; photo ID required at the door
- 8:30pm - 12:30am: Dancing to the After Party Band
Child care is available between the hours of 6pm and 12am with advance reservation. For child care pricing and to make a reservation, call 231.549.7274.
THE Skitoberfest Parade, 6-7pm
- 5th Annual Skitoberfest Parade and Street Dance, Village Lane
NEW: THE Pray for Snow Bonfire, 7:30-8:30pm
Join us at the GIANT bonfire, as we pray to Ullr, the Viking God of Snow, for a snow-filled winter season!
Fire breathing performances
THE Afterparty, 8pm - 12:30am
- Dance to the amazing band After Party hailing from Chicago in the Biergarten tent
- Cash bar and food concessions
Must be 21 or older after 8pm; photo ID required at the door.
◂ Return to Events Calendar