We all love the thrill of zooming down the slopes on a freshly groomed run and reconnecting with friends and family in the lift line, but there comes a time when you just want to get back to nature. There is no better way to find some solitude in the lush forests of northern Michigan, than from a pair of cross country skis on a 35 km trail system at Boyne Mountain. You'll glide along groomed, track set trails reflecting on life's journey and will leave feeling refreshed, ready to take on another adventure-filled day at the resort. (You might even work off some of those carbs from last night's dinner.)To enhance that experience, and to make sure that you look good doing it, we offer cross-country ski lessons, taught by northern Michigan's most skilled instructors. When you improve your technique, you'll have more fun!
The Boyne Mountain cross country instruction program is designed to provide in-depth instruction for skiers at every level. And with dozens of miles of professionally groomed trails, each moment of instruction translates to a world of greater enjoyment in the great outdoors. Our Cross Country Center offers a variety of instructional clinics, private, and group lessons for cross country skiers of all ability levels.
Boyne Mountain offers group and private cross country skiing lessons daily. Guided lessons and tours are also offered each Saturday afternoon from 3-5pm. Call Boyne Mountain Cross Country Center at 231.549.6088 for additional details and instruction offerings and reservations.
Introduction to Cross Country:
Our staff of cross country enthusiasts will guide you as you acquire the basic skills necessary to enjoy Northern Michigan's winter wonderlands! The package includes:
- Rental equipment
- 30 minute group lesson
- All day trail pass to practice you newly acquired skills
- Available at 11am each weekday and 11am or 2pm Saturday and Sunday
- $54 per person
- Beginner Classic or Skate style
- 1 Hour
- $39 per person + trail pass and equipment
- Available for Classic or Skate
- 1 Hour
- Each additional person - $31
Total Cross Country Experience:
Take a two-hour tour with one of our instructors serving as your guide.
- Includes a chairlift ride and skiing on our upper trails with outstanding vistas.
- Must be intermediate level or higher in ability.
- $75 for the first skier plus $20 for each additional skier.
- Skis, boots & poles: $20 daily
- Performance Skate package: $25 daily
- Ages 8 & under: $15 daily