- When should I (or my child) arrive?
- All SnowSports Academy activities begin promptly at their designated times. All students, including those that have pre-registered, must check-in at the SnowSports Academy desk a minimum of 30-minutes prior to your scheduled meeting time. Due to the number of skiers/boarders enrolled in activities, we are not able to accommodate late arrivals nor will refunds be issued for late arrivals.
Group Lesson meeting times are 9:45am and 2:15pm daily
Group Lessons for teens & adults begin promptly at 10:00am and 2:30pm daily
Kids Camp & Teen Experience meeting times are 9:30am and 2:15pm daily
Kids Camp & Teen Experience Lessons begin promptly at 9:45am and 2:30pm daily
Private Lessons: Begin hourly, based on availability*
For the remainder of the 2014 season, all afternoon sessions will meet at 1:15pm, begin at 1:30pm and conclude at 3:30pm.
If you are renting equipment, please allow a minimum of one hour to be fitted for your equipment and to arrive at the meeting place for your lesson. To ensure a safe and enjoyable learning experience, your equipment must be sized and adjusted to each skier or snowboarder.
- Should I make lesson reservations in advance?
- Reservations are recommended throughout the winter season; especially during weekends, the Christmas holiday period, Martin Luther King weekend and President's Day week. Phone reservations are available every day from 8:30am to 4:30pm. All products are subject to availability and may sell out at any time. Call 231.549.6056.
- When should I get my rental equipment?
- It is important that you arrive to your lesson with your equipment ready to go. This will ensure that the lessons start on time. Allow at least one hour to get your rental equipment and boot up before your lesson meeting time.
- What type of rental equipment do you offer?
- Snowsports equipment is available for daily use, including new skis, snowboards, and helmets. We offer the perfect fit for skiers and riders of all ages. During busy periods our rental shops have extended hours. If you have the opportunity, we suggest you pick up you equipment the day before.
Plan ahead with our Express Rental program at Boyne Country Sports stores. With an advance reservation, your rental equipment will be waiting for you at Boyne Mountain. Make a detour around the rental line, pick up your gear, and hit the slopes! People can register for express rental at our Boyne Country Sports locations (Bloomfield Hills, Novi, and Traverse City). They are properly sized at those locations, pay at the store, and we have their equipment ready for the arrival at Boyne Mountain. All must be done 48 hours in advanced.
- What is your Cancellation and Changes Policy?
- All Day and Multiple Day Lesson Tickets: We offer discounted prices for purchasing all day and multiple day group lessons. If you chose to take advantage of this discount, you must choose the times and days in advance. Once payment is processed for your group lesson you may not cancel or change the times and dates of the lessons. Refunds will not be processed for full day, multiple day products, or any unused days. If you are unsure the number of days, or specific days you will attend class, please purchase a single session/single day of class.
- Advanced Reservations: Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to the start time of your scheduled reservation. If you have lessons reserved for multiple days, cancellations must occur 24 hours prior to the start time of your first lesson or all lessons will be charged at full rate.
- Product Transfers: SnowSports Academy services and products are not transferable to another person, date, or program.
- No-Shows: Full rate will be charged for missed days and all remaining days will be canceled. Products canceled after the start time are considered a "no-show".
- Weather & Snow Conditions: Weather and snow conditions are not viable reasons for cancellation.
- Refunds, Cancellations, Changes: We do not offer refunds, cancellations, or changes for tickets already purchased. Only in the case of a verified injury or illness are we able to process a refund.
- Where do we go for our lessons?
- All Ski/Snowboard Lessons: Please check-in at the SnowSports Academy desk prior to your start time, in the lobby of the Skier Services building. The staff will direct you to your lesson.
- What are your Pick-Up and Check-Out Procedures?
- Pick-up is in the Helga Haus Children's Learning Center for ages 3-6 and in the SnowSports Academy meeting area for ages 7-12 at 11:45am after morning sessions, at 12:15pm if lunch is included, and at 4:15pm after afternoon/full day lessons.
You and your child MUST go through our check-out process with matching ticket numbers. NO ONE will be allowed to leave with a child if they do not display the correct ticket number. NO CHILD WILL BE RELEASED ON THE HILL. We do request that a parent/guardian stays on the premises while the child is in lesson
- Are lift tickets required and are they included in my lesson?
- Lift tickets are not included in camps, lessons, workshops, or programs with the following exceptions.
Kids 8 & under ski and ride FREE every day all season when they are enrolled in a SnowSports Academy lesson or are a lodging guest at BOYNE.
Kids 5 & under ski/ride FREE every day, all season when accompanied by an adult who is skiing or snowboarding!
FREE Beginner Area: Boyne Mountain offers a FREE Beginner Area. We do ask that you obtain your FREE Beginner Area Lift Ticket at the lift ticket windows prior to your lesson.
- What should we wear?
- You should be dressed appropriately for the day and weather. Dress in layers; winter coats and snow pants are a must. Waterproof gloves and warm (not cotton) socks are highly recommended. You may want to consider bringing an extra change of clothes if it is wet out. Doing so will make for a much more comfortable ride home.
- Do I need a helmet?
- Helmet rentals are available for all ages and sizes which are highly recommended. For more information about safely wearing helmets during winter activities please visit www.lidsonkids.org.
- Will I ride a chairlift?
- Riding a chairlift depends on your level of skiing or snowboarding. If you are Level 3 or higher you will certainly ride the chairlift. If you are in a lower level and the class can turn and stop safely they may ride the chairlift at the discretion of the instructor.
- Do the classes take breaks?
- This is at the discretion of the instructor. Breaks are not mandatory and depend on the weather and snow conditions.
- Can I watch my child's lesson?
- You may certainly watch your child's lesson, but we ask that you do so from a distance. Please observe from outside the fenced area in the beginner area.
- Age requirement?
- To enroll in SnowSports Academy ski lessons, children must be at least three years of age and potty trained. For snowboard lessons, they must be 7 years or older. Younger children are welcome in a private snowboard lesson.