What are you up for? Student Freeride Program
Launched in 2005, BOYNE's Student Freeride Program offers local students an incentive to advance themselves in the classroom as well as on the slopes by offering discounted passes based on how those students perform in the classroom. The program is available to students in grades 6-12 within a five county area surrounding the resorts and includes Antrim, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet and Otsego. In 2011/12, the Beyond the Slopes Initiative was introduced as an additional incentive. This additional opportunity encourages students to challenge themselves and inspires creative thinking based on a "positive idea". Students may participate by submitting a project idea, outlining the benefits and/or positive impact, identifying a to-do list of manageable steps and selecting a mentor. Projects will be evaluated in May of 2015 based upon 50% for the quality of idea, and 25% each for implementation and impact. The first place project receives a $1,000 BOYNE gift card, and second and third place receives a $500 card and $250 card, respectively.
With all of the positive feedback received from parents, teachers, principals, and students (at least those who do well enough to qualify), BOYNE will continue to offer the Student Freeride Program and Beyond the Slopes Initiative as academic incentive programs for 2014/15!
Every member of the Student Freeride Program is required to complete a Season Preview Session before they sign up for their SFP pass. Season Preview Sessions will be held indoors and run about one hour. Students only need to attend one session; it is the same course on each date.
Due to demand, the following make-up preview sessions have been added. These will be the FINAL mandatory preview sessions for the 2014/15 season!
- Wednesday, December 17, 7pm, Boyne Highlands - Day Lodge - Camelot Room (upstairs next to the Zoo Bar)
- Wednesday, January 7, 7pm, Boyne Mountain - Civic Center - Matterhorn Room
Mandatory Preview Sessions for 2014/15
- Tuesday, November 18, 7pm, Boyne Highlands - Day Lodge - Camelot Room (upstairs next to the Zoo Bar)
- Thursday, November 20, 7pm, Boyne Mountain - Civic Center - Matterhorn Room
- Sunday, November 23, 1pm, Boyne Highlands - Day Lodge - Camelot Room (upstairs next to the Zoo Bar)
- Sunday, November 23, 5pm, Boyne Mountain - Civic Center - Matterhorn Room
- Tuesday, November 25, 7pm, Boyne Highlands - Day Lodge - Camelot Room (upstairs next to the Zoo Bar)
- Tuesday, December 2, 7pm, Boyne Mountain - Civic Center - Matterhorn Room
Students must also complete the BOYNE Park Etiquette and Education Program (PEEPS) to be eligible for a BOYNE Student Freeride Pass. This course is available to take ONLINE, and helps ensure a better skiing/riding experience for everyone.
The student's Grade Point Average (GPA) will determine the price of their season pass. The following is a breakdown of SFP pass prices given the student's GPA:
|Below 2.5||You're on your own|
Your BOYNE Student Freeride Pass
- Is good at both Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands with no blackout dates
- Gets you a 10% discount on protective gear at Boyne Country Sports
- May be terminated at any time by BOYNE
Download your registration packet here:
- 2014/15 BOYNE Student Freeride Registration Packet
- 2014/15 BOYNE Student Freeride Preview Session Schedule
- 2014/15 BOYNE Student Freeride GPA Conversion Chart
Beyond the Slopes Initiative - Freeride Project
Your chance to do something big...click on the link below to get started!